Monday, 15 July 2013

Kalyan Ram: I want to work with Jr NTR

He is his brother from another mother. Yet, the two of them are rarely seen together in public, giving rise to rumours that all is not well within the Nandamuri family. We're talking about actors and grandsons of the legendary NTR, Kalyan Ram and his younger step-brother Jr NTR.

"I really don't know how such rumours are spread. I'm on good terms with Jr NTR. We may not catch up often and I may not share a great bond with him, but the brotherly feeling is always in our hearts," says Kalyan.

Why haven't we seen them together on screen?

"I would love to do a film with him and vice versa. I love working with family members under our banner. My uncle Balakrishna and I were supposed to do a film, which didn't work out as we weren't happy with the pre-climax and climax," Kalyan explains.

His 3D film 'Om' has been in the making for over two-and-a-half years.

"I was inspired by 'Avatar' and thought why can't we make such films in Telugu? We approached 3ality Technica, the company that worked on 'Avatar'. It's been a bumpy ride, at times I've been fed up. Hiring the best equipment and top-notch Hollywood technicians cost a bomb. But the passion to make a technically brilliant 3D film has over-shadowed all our negative feelings. It's a good story that will connect with the audience," he says.

Didn't he consider the Telugu film market before embarking on this film?

"I did consider the business elements, but who can define the potential of a Telugu film? Did anyone expect 'Magadheera' to rake in so much moolah? After Rajinikanth's compliments, I've more confidence. I'm pretty sure that this film will set a new trend in Tollywood,“ he declares.

Is Dhanush playing the lead in the Tamil version of 'Om'?

"Initially, I wanted to dub the film in Tamil but I later decided to remake it with a Tamil actor. I don't want to use either Rajini or Dhanush's names to promote my film. I can only talk about the cast after things are finalized."

He shares some details about his family.

"My son Sourya Ram is in class first, and daughter Advita (who launched the audio of 'Om') is in nursery.

My wife Swathi, who has studied medicine, takes care of them. It was her decision not to practise medicine and says she studied it for the sake of her parents, just like I did! She's my mirror image," says the proud family man. 
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments

:) :-) :)) =)) :( :-( :(( :d :-d @-) :p :o :>) (o) [-( :-? (p) :-s (m) 8-) :-t :-b b-( :-# =p~ :-$ (b) (f) x-) (k) (h) (c) cheer

 
© 2013 Tollywood CineSarada
Designed by Cinesarada | Tollywood | Bollywood | Kollywood
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top